One of the root troubles with washing machines is that they sometimes emit some strange rattling sounds. They may occur and then disappear, but it is not the only sound that you should be worried about – usually, the reasons for that are far more serious. The root cause may step from faulty components, some maintenance failure, and even mediocre manufacturing.
Main Arguments Why Your Washer Is Grinding
Here we want to emphasize on the primary justifications why washing machines are prone to making scraping sounds. We have identified the most frequent, so pay attention to them:
- There is nothing bad with your washer. At times, in some specific washers` brands and manufacturers, this rattling sound is an inherent constituent of the agitation process (which is perfectly normal), when the route of drum rotation are switched from one regime to another. So, in some cases, the noises are typical upon start.
- Glitches in the stator assembly. Some disfunction or breakage of a stator assembly is one of the underlying predicatives for the sounds. It lies in the agitation failures that may stem from errors, cracks, or improper electromagnetic connection with the tub. To resolve the problem, you might require assistance from the technician in checking the rotor for cracks or implement other repair work.
- Defects in the board of motor control. If the washing machine does not agitate, and the turbulence is caused by some other malfunctions, it is essential to pay attention to the motor control board. Proper functioning of this component is essential when switching on the washing machine and when setting the agitators` course. In cases when the root complication lies in the motor control board, you are recommended to contact the technician and get it replaced.
- Failing agitator dogs. When they are slipping, the rotating moves may malfunction or deteriorate. With time, it is natural for agitator dogs to wear off, so slipping may start as a result of it. Consequently, your washing machine may be prone to making grinding sounds.
- Worn-off drive pulley. If this detail is impaired or strained, then your washer will be prone to emit strange scraping sounds. The problem certainly needs immediate action, so call the technician and let him detach the pulley in order to check whether it has worn out or not. If there are cracks, tears or signs of glazing, keep in mind that the drive pulley should be replaced.
- U-joint misfunction. When it comes to the agitation procedure, U-joint is the key player in this course of action. Rupture in the U-joint may also be the motive of jangling sounds, so if you are capable to mend the U-joint on your own, you may do it. If not, you are recommended to call the appliance maintenance help. The very component is really costly, so it is not feasible to replace it – in any case, it is better to repair it. When the U-joint is not reparable, it may be even more affordable to purchase a new automatic appliance.
- Tub bearing disfunction. This is another issue behind the rattle and vibration. If you have this obstacle, it may be ridiculously pricey to handle it. The noise may disappear totally only after you replace this whole detail.
- Motor coupling has torn. This detail is a conjunction between the motor of the washing machine and the water supply. If your washer is making a grinding noise, the motor coupling must have worn off, so the washer is, as a result, overwhelmed with water.
If your washer grinds and you want to prevent total malfunction of it, please apply to expert appliance repair service. Shymon Appliance Repair is professional repair service in Toronto & the GTA. Feel free to contact us and get your appliance fixed the same day.